Please Read Before Making Entries
ANIMAL EXHIBITORS: See the 2016 PA Fairs Animal Health Rules and Regulations (PDF) for additional animal health requirements.
- All exhibitors agree to be bound by the Rules and Regulations of the Sullivan County Fair.
- Superintendents of a Department reserve the right of refusing to accept any entry. Furthermore, the Superintendents reserve the right to bar from competition animals, vegetables, flowers, products and manufactured articles of decidedly inferior quality and those not possessing sufficient merit to warrant recognition.
- During judging, buildings, except livestock arenas are to be closed to everyone except fair officials, judges, and necessary attendants.
- It shall be the responsibility of the exhibitor to make known the Proper Name of the article or breed of livestock he is entering. Any item entered improperly will be disqualified to receive a prize but the judges will mark the correct name on the entry tag for the benefit of the owner so the same mistake in entering need not be made the second time.
- Entries will be made according to classification. All entrants must fill out an official entry blank. Entry blanks may be obtained from the fair secretary, County Extension Office, from the fair web page or entered online.
- No exhibitor may enter more than one exhibit in each division of the class, with the exception of livestock classes.
- Any privilege granted by the Fair Committee for sale of refreshments or for other purposes may be revoked if the privilege is abused in any way.
- Premiums as listed, may be given for meritorious exhibits. In cases where there is no competition, judges may give an award such as they deem the exhibit is worthy to receive. Same rule applies where there are fewer entries in any class than the number of premiums offered. The decision of the judges shall be final in all cases except where mistakes, fraud, misrepresentation or collusion, not discovered at the time of award is proven. In such cases the Superintendent, or Secretary of Fair or such referee as he may appoint may make the decision.
- All entries eligible for premiums must be grown or produced since the last Fair. Entries must be the property of the exhibitor for at least 30 days prior to the Fair.
- Possession of a ribbon is not sufficient evidence for cash awards; the record of the secretary shall be final evidence.
- No bull over one year of age will be allowed on the grounds.
- No feed or bedding will be furnished.
- Should any animal awarded a prize be disqualified, the animals gaining the lower prizes shall move into the next higher position if in the opinion of the judges, the animals are worthy of such prizes.
- The Fair Committee may, at any time, order the removal of any exhibit or part of exhibit in bad condition and any article unfit to show may be excluded. No exhibit may be removed at any time before the close of the fair except by consent of the management. Exhibitors shall forfeit premium money for early exit without a release from the Fair management.
- Out of county animal entries will be accepted and held until all in-county animals are accommodated. If there will not be enough stall space, out of county entrants will be notified as soon as possible.
- The departments in this year’s Premium Book are prepared in cooperation with the Department of Agriculture’s request and desire to standardize the Premium Book.
- Premiums will be paid within 15 days after the close of the Fair.
- All bills made during the week of the Fair must be presented within 30 days of the close of the Fair, and all claims for Premiums must be presented within 30 days of the close of the Fair or they will be considered donated to the Fair Association. *Premium checks not cashed within 90 days will be considered a donation to the fair.
- Use of alcoholic beverages and/or drugs will not be permitted.
- The Sullivan County Fair will exercise every care in the protection of exhibits but will not be responsible for the loss or damage from any cause, including fire or theft. All exhibits will be under the directions of the Sullivan County Fair Committee but in no case will they be responsible for any loss, injury, or damage done or occasioned by, or arising from any animal exhibited by the exhibitor and shall indemnify the Fair Committee against legal or other proceedings in regard thereto. Entries are accepted only upon this condition.
- The Fair Management reserves the right to amend or add to these rules and regulations as its judgement may determine.
Thank You For Your Support!
The following items are strictly prohibited on the fairgrounds by anyone, including vendors offering for sale.
- Firearms of any type unless carried concealed with a legal Pennsylvania permit. Security personnel excluded.
- Weapons of any type including knives with a blade over 3” in length, blackjacks, slappers, weighted gloves, batons, bats, lasers or any other prohibited offensive weapon as defined by Pennsylvania Crimes Code Title 18.
- Illegal drugs or substances as defined in Pa C.S.D.D.&C.A. Act 64.
- Legal devices, contraband or substances that have no legitimate use such as bongs, bowls, roaches, counterfeit drugs or synthetic drugs such as “spice”, “k-2” and “bath salts”.
- Alcoholic Beverages.
- Any unidentifiable substances or liquids.
***All persons entering the fairgrounds are subject to search, including bags, packages, strollers etc. The fair retains the right to refuse entry or escort from the premises any person or persons in possession of the above listed items or any other item(s) deemed to be a threat, dangerous or cause alarm to patrons. The above list is not meant to be all-inclusive.