Sunday, September 2, 2018
The Derby is designed as an unusual spectator attraction. Every entrant is subject to the following rules and regulation in the interest of safety and equal competition. The Sullivan County Fair does not imply or guarantee safety. Total responsibility for the inspection of the car and rule compliance is by the owner/driver, not the Sullivan County Fair.
Visit Forms and Downloads for Entry Form
- This is supposed to be FUN for the kids, parents PLEASE don’t ruin it for them! Judges can rule that children won’t participate if there are modifications to the car more than those allowed that are stated below!
- Kids 3-10 years of age may participate. Two age groups: 3-5 and 6-10 years. ALL kids must be accompanied by an adult.
- All drivers must supply their own car and set it up according to the rules.
- When choosing a Power Wheels for your child, please keep in mind these vehicles will be running into each other (like bumper cars or derby cars). The Power Wheels needs to be the kind the child sits IN, not ON. No 4-WHEELERS, TRACTORS, MOTORCYCLES … must be a vehicle they sit IN, not ON.
- Driver only, NO passengers
- Derby is limited to 6 to 12-volt power wheels ONLY. No connecting multiple batteries together. (This makes the power wheel move too fast, and makes it unsafe)
- A seatbelt is recommended but not required.
- No added reinforcements for strength.
- All doors and tailgates must be strapped shut. No sharp edges. Use zip ties or duct tape (or other flexible products) to make them stay shut.
- Stock tires only. No screws in tires, no chains, etc.
- Vehicles may NOT be raised or lowered. They must be the stock height that came from the store.
- The vehicle is allowed to have UP TO a 12-volt lawn mower or motorcycle battery. Battery cannot be mounted in the passenger seat, and the battery must be secured and sealed away from the child.
- Decorative changes can be made to the Power Wheels to make it look like a derby car; however, there can be no reinforcement to the Power Wheels. Changes and additions can ONLY be decorative. i.e.: header pipes sticking up, painting the car, etc.
- Helmets are mandatory; bicycle helmet are permitted
- Shoes or sneakers required. NO sandals.
Any situation that arises, Chairman has the power to add or change rules as required. If it isn’t in the rules, it doesn’t make it legal.
All entries must be on the Sullivan County Fairgrounds by 11 am for inspection.
All Children must have a signed consent form from a parent or guardian and will be available at registration or online at www.sullivancountyfair.com/forms/.
Questions: Jennifer Spako 570-924-4884