- Open to any individual who is a Pennsylvania resident.
- Entrants may NOT have won 1st place in this Angel Food Cake contest at any other fair in 2017.
- Entry must be an Angel Food Cake made from “scratch”.
- Pennsylvania produced & packed eggs are requested to be used if at all possible. Please look for the PEQAP or PA Preferred logo or PA packaging dates on the carton.
- Refrigeration is NOT available at the Fair or PA Farm Show. Entries that require refrigeration after baking must indicate so in the recipe. Those entries will not be sold, auctioned or otherwise distributed for consumption after judging for food safety reasons.
- The entire Cake entry must be submitted for judging on cardboard. (All pans, plates and dishes are considered to be disposable and will not be returned.)
- Recipe(s) listing the ingredients and the preparation instructions must be submitted with the entry (printed on one-side of 8-1/2″ x 11″ size paper). Entrant’s name, address and phone # must be printed on the back of all the pages. (All recipes and cakes will become the property of the Fair or PA Farm Show and will not be returned.)
- Judging will be based on the following criteria:
Judging Criteria Points Flavor (Smell, taste, flavoring) 30 Inside Characteristics (Texture & lightness) 25 Overall Appearance (Surface, size, color) 20 Creativity 15 Topping, Icing or Decoration 10 TOTAL POINTS 100
First Place Winner is eligible for the 2018 PA Farm Show competition.
At the PA FARM SHOW level, this contest is sponsored by:
Pennsylvania’s Egg Farmers
PA State Association of County Fairs – www.pafairs.org.
PA Farm Show Competition Prizes:
1st – $500, 2nd – $250, 3rd – $100