Sec 1 – Apiary Products
- Judged on uniformity of color, bees, presence of queen, brood and honey. Cleanliness and appearance of observation hive.
- Best of Show ribbons to be awarded at the discretion of the judge.
*Honey is judged on perfection in filling, capping, uniformity, neatness and cleanliness of section.
Sec 1 – Let’s Use Honey
- Only one entry per person, per class.
- Entry must include honey as an ingredient.
- A neatly handwritten or typed recipe for the entry must be submitted on a standard 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper. Please use one side only. Name, address, and phone number must be printed on the back side of the page.
- Exhibits that require refrigeration will NOT be accepted.
Sec 2 – Maple Products
Syrup judged on flavor, color, density and clarity. Sugar judged on flavor, appearance and texture.
Sec 2 – Maple Cookery
- These food items must contain enough a pure maple product so that flavor, consistency or sweetness is affected.
- These foods should exhibit those characteristics generally associated with other foods in the class.
- The recipe for the item must be on an 8 ½ X 11 standard paper with name, address, and phone number on the back and submitted with the entry.
- All must be wrapped in plastic or in a zip lock bag.