Thursday, September 3, 2020- 2:30 pm
|22||3||3||Blue Ribbon Apple Pie Contest||$50, $30, $20|
- Open to any individual who is a Pennsylvania resident; only one entry per person.
- Entrants may NOT have won 1st place in this Blue Ribbon Apple Pie contest at any other fair in 2020.
- Entry to be a pie that must include at least 60% apples in the filling. It does not need to be a “traditional” two crusted apple pie and it can have a variety of fillings.
- The entire pie must be submitted for judging in a disposable pie pan. (All pans, plates and dishes are considered to be disposable and will not be returned.)
- The recipe for the pie and pie crust must be submitted with the entry. It should be submitted on one side of 8.5” by 11” paper. The recipe must list all the ingredients, quantities and the preparation instructions. Entrant’s name, address and phone number must be printed on the back side of all the pages. (All recipes and pies will become the property of the Fair or PA Farm Show and will not be returned.)
- Refrigeration is not available at the Fair or PA Farm Show. Entries that require refrigeration after baking must indicate so in the recipe. Those entries will not be sold, auctioned or otherwise distributed for consumption after judging for food safety reasons.
- Judging will be based on the following criteria:
Criteria Points Flavor 30 Filling: consistency, doneness, moistness & flavor 25 Crust: color, flavor, texture doneness 20 Overall Appearance 15 Creativity 10 TOTAL 100
First Place Winner is eligible for the 2021 PA Farm Show competition.
At the PA FARM SHOW level, this contest is sponsored by:
The Pennsylvania State Association of County Fairs – www.pafairs.org
PA Farm Show Competition Prizes:
1st – $500, 2nd – $250, 3rd – $100, 4th & 5th – Ribbon